Home Performance Assessments
Home performance assessments (also called home energy audits) allow the experts at Haynes Insulation to view your home as an entire system, analyzing its overall thermal performance and air tightness. It’s an extremely effective step towards creating an energy-efficient home. Better energy performance means:
- Less wear and tear on HVAC equipment
- Increased savings on heating and cooling costs
- More overall comfort for you and your family
- Your house as a system
- Building science solutions
- All-season energy efficiency
- Moisture control and mold prevention
- Carbon monoxide testing
- Combustion appliance safety checks
- Cutting-edge energy upgrade options
A Haynes home performance assessment includes:
- Blower door testing to gauge a home’s air tightness
- Thermal imaging to uncover any areas of heat loss
- Furnace and water heater safety check
- Attic, basement, exterior inspection
- Ventilation assessment
- Written assessment
Using the results from your home performance assessment, Haynes will develop a plan of action to promote year-round energy efficiency in your home and ensure moisture control and mold prevention. We’ll also give you tips on maintaining optimal energy performance and offer any energy-saving upgrades.
Why should I get a home performance assessment?
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, homeowners can save 5–30% on energy bills by making efficiency upgrades recommended by a home energy audit. Homeowners often contact us for an assessment if they experience issues like:
- Drafty rooms
- Temperature swings throughout residence
- High energy bills
- Poor air quality (i.e., excessive moisture)
- Uncomfortable spaces (e.g., cold floors)
Through the home energy assessment process, Haynes Insulation can identify solutions to determine these issues, along with any other trouble spots. This infographic from the U.S. Department of Energy offers a great overview of the home energy assessment process and its benefits.
Contact Haynes Insulation to schedule your home energy assessment today.